You might not have time to obtain autoglass repairs if your windshield cracks or gets a rock chip while you are driving. However, if you leave a broken windshield alone, the crack will likely get wider, perhaps beyond repair. If the damage goes too far, you may require a complete windshield replacement in the end.
How you can protect your windshield cracks from expanding while driving!
You might not have time to obtain autoglass repairs if your windshield cracks or gets a rock chip while you are driving. However, if you leave a broken windshield alone, the crack will likely get wider, perhaps beyond repair. If the damage goes too far, you may require a complete windsh
1. Use super glue to seal: Although using superglue to patch a break in your windshield isn't ideal, it will suffice in an emergency. It's worth noting that if you go this way, you might not be able to get expert autoglass replacements when you arrive home. It's difficult, if not impossible, to remove super glue from a glass crack, so keep that in mind before using this method.
2. Try a windshield repair kit: Minor windshield cracks may be repaired with windshield repair kits. Unfortunately, the majority of commercially available kits are of poor quality and produce poor outcomes. You may go this method if you're confident in your vehicle glass repair abilities, but if you want a long-lasting repair, it's always better to leave it to the professionals.
3. Avoid glass exposure to extreme temperature: When auto glass is subjected to temperature changes, it expands, and contracts and an existing windshield fracture can readily widen. To avoid this, keep your windshield out of direct sunlight as much as possible and avoid exposing it to cold temperatures.
4. Use your vehicle with great care: Speeding over speed bumps, slamming doors, and swerving around curves may all produce significant vibrations, which can cause a windshield crack to widen. To avoid existing glass damage from growing worse until you can get your windshield professionally fixed, be as careful as possible with your vehicle.
5. Contact glass repair specialist: Repairing a windshield crack as soon as possible is the most effective strategy to prevent it from expanding. If you only have a slight crack, a Windmasters Autocare windshield repair expert can fix it in a short amount of time and get you and your car back on the path safely.
We can fix your auto glass, whether it's seriously shattered or simply requires a few small rock chip repairs. Trust our specialists at Windmasters Autocare with your vehicle if you require windshield repairs or any other form of autoglass replacement service. We have proudly serviced car owners for over a decade. We are the sole team to call when you want rapid, competent, and high-quality car glass service.